Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday at the beach
So I took my pugs to the beach on Monday. They love discovering new treasures hidden in the sand and breathing in the cool fresh air. Apple was busy finding new rocks, bringing them over to me to throw and she would chase them and see if she could find the rock. That is her favorite game to play. While throwing rocks for Apple and tinkering in the sand with Chucho, all of a sudden above us flew a young bald eagle or a golden eagle.... 20 feet above us. I grabbed Apple and called Chucho. Together we went to the car. The eagle flew down the beach and landed on a rock scaring off a couple of gulls. I drove down close to it and got out of the car. I walked within 30 feet of it and took a couple pics with my cell phone. It was eating a large salmon. holding on with its talons, ripping chunks of flesh and bones with its large beak. Just goes to remind me that I need to keep my camera in my car!!! argh!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, now that is pretty darn cool to see a eagle come so close - really scary for the kids - but then cool to see it eat!!! Where is your camera when you need it...lol!?! So, the same thing happened for me today, we saw the Weiner Mobile was going to be approcahing us, we were near our house so, I said let's go get the camera. We made a u-turn, I ran in grabbed the camera, and then we drove back out to the highway, and it was now gone. And lately, I have been so good about taking me camera everywhere with me, you never know we you might find something to blog about. Oh well, not nearly as cool as your eagle story, but I tried...lol!
Post a Comment